As more and more users join Flare’s ecosystem, many are looking for ways to unlock its full potential. One of these ways is to add wrapped songbird to Metamask.
DON’T KNOW what I am on about??!!
Flare has an advanced testing network (canary network) called Songbird. This network is used to test decentralized applications before deploying them to the Flare Network.
Contrary to a Testnet, a canary network like Songbird has real value. Songbird has a rich ecosystem with a little fun game called “Delegation.” In this game, songbird holders bet (delegate their tokens) on who can provide the best price feed (signal provider) to the network, and earn rewards in return (THANKS @BrianWalden for the analogy).
To delegate these votes while retaining ownership of your tokens, you must wrap your Songbird into Wrapped Songbird tokens (CONFUSED? Don’t worry, we’ll explain how)
How to Add Wrapped Songbird to Metamask?
Before you continue, ensure that you have a web3 wallet, such as Metamask, that you have the Songbird network on your Metamask, and that you hold Songbird tokens.
Here’s our quick 5-Step Process:
STEP 1. Unlock your Metamask Wallet
STEP 2. Switch to Songbird Network
STEP 3. Click on “Import Tokens”
STEP 4. Copy & Paste Wsgb contract Address
STEP 5. Click on “Add Custom Token”
Note: Keep Reading to learn how to wrap and delegate songbird tokens!
Here’s how to add WSGB to Metamask in a nutshell. If you want a DETAILED, step-by-step guide, here’s what we’ll cover:
- Can you add Wrapped Songbird to your Metamask?
- How to add Wrapped Songbird to Metamask in 5 Steps
- How do you wrap and Delegate a Songbird?
1. Can You Add WSGB to Metamask?
Yes. Songbird is Flare’s canary network; the two operate almost identically but are independent blockchains with their own ecosystems and native cryptocurrencies.
The Songbird network (like Flare) is an Ethereum-compatible network focused on cross-chain compatibility between blockchains. As a result, tokens like Songbird and Wrapped Songbird can be easily added to Metamask.
Wrapped Songbird (WSGB) is an EVM-compatible token that is mostly used for delegation. This is similar to staking, but the difference is that you always own your tokens. Instead, a wrapped token is used to detach your vote and send it to the signal provider/s.
Then, the signal providers compete to provide the best price feed to the network. The winners distribute their rewards to their supporters.
2. How to Add Wrapped Songbird in 5 Steps
Before You start:
- Ensure you have a web3 wallet like Metamask installed on your browser or mobile device (iOS and Android). Always keep your recovery phrase safe!
- Ensure you have added the Songbird Network to Metamask and switched the default network to Songbird Canary Network.
Here is my 5 DETAILED Step Process:
STEP 1: Unlock your Metamask Wallet
The first step is to unlock our Metamask browser extension or mobile Android/iOS device. Click the browser extension (or mobile app) and enter your secure password in the box.
STEP 2: Switch to Songbird Network
Once you have launched your Metamask extension and unlocked it by entering your password, ensure you are on the Songbird network. Otherwise, switch from your default network (E.g., Ethereum Mainnet) to the Songbird Network.
If you haven’t already, please read our guide on how to add Songbird to Metamask.
STEP 3: Click on “Import Tokens”
Before importing Wrapped songbird token, ensure you’ve selected Songbird as your default network.
Go to your Metamask Wallet, under don’t see your token? Click on Import tokens
STEP 4: Copy & Paste Wsgb contract Address
The next step is to get the Wsgb contract address. You can find that address on the songbird explorer official website. If you prefer, just copy the address below:
WSGB Token Contract Address: 0x02f0826ef6aD107Cfc861152B32B52fD11BaB9ED
Step 5: Add WSGB to Metamask
When you paste the token contract address, the WSGB Token information will populate automatically.
Click on add custom token and import tokens, then double-check that the WSGB utility token is in your wallet.
2. How Do you Wrap and Delegate a Songbird?
Wrapping songbird tokens to delegate them to an FTSO provider is easier than you think.
To wrap and delegate Songbird tokens on Metamask, follow these steps:
Do not wrap 100% of your Songbird tokens. Otherwise, you'll have to buy more Songbird tokens to unwrap them.
- Go to FlareMetrics to check the list of FTSO Providers
- Pick a data provider from the list (E.g., Flare Oracle)
- Head to the FTSO Provider Website
- Connect your Metamask Wallet
- Select the Amount of Songbird Tokens to be wrapped
- “Click Wrap”
- Confirm Transaction on your Metamask Wallet
- Wait for your WSGB to Arrive
Note: If you don’t have Songbird tokens you can purchase them on leading centralized exchanges (CEX) like Mexc and Gate.IO (NON-US).
Once you have your Wrapped Tokens in your Metamask wallet, you can delegate (bet or vote) them to a signal provider. Follow these steps:
- Use the FTSO provider delegation form
- Select one of two signal providers to delegate to
- Enter delegation % of each provider
- Click on “Delegate”
- Sign Delegation Transactions
- Wait for confirmation
Voilá! You have sent your wrapped tokens to a signal provider. Now all you have to do is wait for those sweet earnings to roll in.
Wrapped Songbird (WSGB) is an EVM-compatible DeFi token that allows you to delegate (vote or bet) your tokens to a price feed network provider and earn rewards while retaining your Songbird tokens in your crypto wallet at all times.
Similar to staking but without locking up your native tokens.
To Add Wrapped Songbird (WSGB) to Metamask follow these steps:
- Step 1: Unlock your Metamask Wallet
- Step 2: Switch to Songbird Network
- Step 3: Click on “Import Tokens”
- Step 4: Copy & Paste Wsgb contract Address
- Step 5: Click on “Add Custom Token”
We hope you found this guide helpful! If you want to know more check our FAQ section!
How do I add Flare Network to Metamask?
To add Flare Network to Metamask follow this 5-Step Process:
- Step 1: Unlock your Metamask Wallet
- Step 2: Click on the Network Dropdown Box
- Step 3: Click The Add Network Button
- Step 4: Click on “Add a Network Manually”
- Step 5: Input FLARE Network RPC Custom Details and “Save”
Read More: If you would like a DETAILED Step-by-Step process, we got you covered. Click on Add Flare Network to Metamask in 2023 [Ignite your Wallet]
What does wrapping songbird mean?
Wrapping Songbird is a way to cast your vote or delegate your tokens to a signal provider while still retaining complete ownership of your native tokens.
In simple words, to retain ownership of your native tokens, you copy your original token (convert to another version) and send it to the price feed provider.
Add More Tokens
- How to add Cardano to Metamask [in 3 DETAILED Steps]
- How to add USDC to Metamask [In 7+ DETAILED Ways]
- How to add Tron network to Metamask [ Add TRX in 3 Steps]
- How to add DAI to Metamask [5 Steps that work like a charm]
- How to add Solana to Metamask [Is that Even possible in 2023?]
- How to add dogecoin to Metamask [In 3 DETAILED Steps]
- How to add Titano to Metamask [In 3 DETAILED Steps]
- How to Add WETH to Metamask [Add Wrapped ETH in 2023]
- How to add BUSD to Metamask [In 5 Quick and Detailed Steps]
- How to add Polkadot to Metamask in 2023 [Like a Pro]