Velas Network is another fast-growing, under-the-radar blockchain only talked about in exclusive Jedi councils (are you part of ONE?).
The Velas Blockchain is a decentralized AI-powered blockchain. It uses an innovative AI Delegated Proof of Stake (AIDPos) that tries to address “the blockchain trilemma” of creating a decentralized network that is scalable, versatile, and secure.
In other words, Velas Network = Ethereum + Solana powered by AI.
If you are wondering how to add Velas Network to Metamask (to your Desktop and Mobile devices), this guide is for you!
How to Add Velas Network to Metamask?
The Velas Network is an Ethereum-compatible (EVM) blockchain that can be added to Metamask in different ways.
Here’s the quickest one:
STEP 1. Go to TokenMagic App
STEP 2. Connect to a Wallet
STEP 3. Unlock your Metamask Wallet & Connect Account
STEP 4. Click on “Connect Wallet” (Under Velas)
STEP 5. Approve Velas Network & Switch Network
Note: You can add the Velas Network manually by using custom RPC points. If you prefer to do it manually, we’ll supply the necessary information below.
Sinple isn’t it?
If you want a DETAILED, step-by-step guide here’s what we’ll cover:
- How to add Velas Network to Metamask in 5 DETAILED Steps
- How to buy Velas on Metamask?
1. How to Add Velas to Metamask
The Velas Network uses Solana’s codebase, along with extra Ethereum Virtual Machine (EVM) functionality. As a result, it is possible to add Velas to Metamask crypto wallet.
To connect to the Velas Network via Metamask you need the right custom RPC points: network name, New RPC URL, Chain ID, and Currency symbol.
There are two options for adding these details to Metamask:
We will cover them both. Pick a method from the tab to start interacting with Velas dApps and AI-powered smart contracts!
How to add Velas Network via TokenMagic
TokenMagic helps users connect to Ethereum Virtual Machine (EVM) compatible networks automatically. You just need to connect your wallet and approve the network or token. It also verifies the accuracy of the information and custom RPC points.
To use TokenMagic Website follow the steps below:
STEP 1: Go to TokenMagic Website
The first thing we need to do is go to the TokenMagic official website. Before connecting to any site ensure that the URL is correct.
STEP 2: Connect to a Wallet
In the upper right corner, there is a red button that says “Connect to a Wallet.” Hit that button (don’t break your keyboard) and select MetaMask from the list of wallets
STEP 3: Unlock your Metamask Wallet
The next step is to unlock your Metamask wallet browser extension and select the account you want to use (tick the account button). Then, click on [Next] and [Connect].
STEP 4: Click on “Connect Wallet” (Under Velas)
After the connection with the TokenMagic app has been established and all application configurations are in place, it is time to add the Velas Network.
To Add the Velas Network just click [Connect Wallet] under Velas. Ensure you are on Chains tab instead of Tokens, Mint, or Airdrop.
STEP 5: Approve Velas Network & Switch Network
Next, allow this site to add a network. Click on “Approve” to add Velas Network on Metamask.
Finally, switch your default network to Velas to connect to the Velas Mainnet. Now you can see the Velas Network under the networks section.
How to add Velas to your Metamask Manually
The second approach is to manually add the Velas Mainnet by using the correct custom RPC points. This is the most common.
The process is slightly different from method one. To use the manual option, follow these steps:
Note: If you wish to add it on your mobile device (Android or iOS) follow the “Notes” below.
STEP 1: Unlock your Metamask Wallet
The first step is to unlock your Metamask browser extension or mobile Android/iOS device. Click the browser extension (or mobile app) and enter your secure password in the box.
STEP 2: Click on the Network Dropdown Box & Add Network
When you unlock your wallet, you’ll see the name of your default network as well as a dropdown arrow. Click that option to see a list of all your available networks.
Then, click on Add Network button.
Note: On mobile devices, select the hamburger menu.
STEP 3: Click on “Add a Network Manually”
Following that, you’ll see a screen with the option to automatically add other networks. Unfortunately, Oasis Emerald is not one of them, therefore you will have to add it manually. Select “Add a Network Manually.”
Note: On mobile devices, Click on “Add Network.”
STEP 4: Input Velas RPC Custom Details
The final step is to input the RPC custom details. RPC (remote procedure call) is a URL that allows you to connect to a server node (for example, the Velas server) and interact with that Blockchain.
Note: On mobile devices switch to custom networks and fill up the RPC Custom Details. Then, click “Add.”
- Network name: Velas Network
- New RPC URL: https://evmexplorer.velas.com/rpc
- Chain ID: 106
- Currency symbol: VLX
- Block explorer URL(Optional): https://evmexplorer.velas.com
Click on “Save” and Voilá!
Now you are ready to interact with the Velas Network!
2. How to Buy Velas on Metamask
If you don’t have Velas you might be wondering How do I get VLX in Velas Network?
Velas (VLX) is the native token of Velas that is issued to pay transaction fees and execute smart contracts on the Velas Blockchain.
But here’s the confusion, there are three types of Velas Token:
WAIT … WHAT?
- Velas Native Token: This is the native Velas Token used inside the Velas network. This is needed for staking, participating in products built on Velas Native, and swapping between your accounts (From Vela Native to Velas EVM or Legacy).
- Velas EVM: This is the Velas EVM-compatible token used in the Ethereum Ecosystem. It is also needed to swap VLX to Ethereum ERC-20 or other networks like the Binance Smart Chain (BEP-20).
- Velas Legacy: As the name indicates, this is the oldest Velas Token. It is used to interact with old exchanges that have not yet been updated to Velas EVM or Native.
In other words, “This ain’t the same thing!”
Forget about Velas Legacy and Velas Native when it comes to Metamask. Metamask uses EVM-compatible networks and tokens. The token we need to purchase is the Velas EVM Token.
Follow this simple 7-Step Process:
- Visit the official Velas Website: https://buy.velas.com/
- Select the Payment Method you would like to use (Simplex, Utorg, or Transak)
- Choose your fiat currency (USD or EUR)
- Choose VLX (EVM) token
- Enter the amount you would like to use
- Input your Metamask Address
- Hit BUY!
You will be sent to the payment provider’s website. Review the transaction details, select a payment option, and then click [Continue]. [Enter] your credit card or bank transfer information and confirm the transaction.
Note: If you find this process too confusing, you can use a Centralized Exchange (CEX) such as Gate.IO or Kucoin and then send your Velas to Metamask. Just remember to never leave your coins in an exchange. Always keep them safe on a hardware wallet like Ellipal Titan or SafePal.
Easy, RIGHT? This may appear a bit cumbersome at first, but it is simple if you follow along!
Velas is a fast-growing blockchain that uses AI to power its consensus mechanism and keep its blockchain decentralized, scalable and secure. It has built-in functionality that allows it to work with EVM networks.
We have seen two ways to add Velas to Metamask Wallet. Automatically via TokenMagic and Manually via “Add Networks.”
Here’s a quick reminder on how to add the network to Metamask automatically:
- Step 1: Go to TokenMagic App
- Step 2: Connect to a Wallet
- Step 3: Unlock your Metamask Wallet & Connect Account
- Step 4: Click on “Connect Wallet” (Under Velas)
- Step 5: Approve Velas Network & Switch Network
You’ve also learned how to buy Velas on Metamask. You have learned that there are three different Velas tokens and Velas EVM is the one we need.
We hope you enjoyed this guide! Check our FAQs if you would like to know more!
How do I add VLX Token to Metamask?
To add the VLX token to Metamask go to TokenMagic App, connect to a wallet, unlock your Metamask Wallet & Connect your account, click on “Connect Wallet” (Under Velas), Approve Velas Network & Switch Network.
How do I manually add a network to Metamask?
To add any network to Metamask follow these steps:
- Unlock your Metamask Wallet
- Click on the Network Dropdown Box
- Click Add Network Button
- Click on “Add Network Manually”
- Fill in RPC Details
- Click on Save
Is Velas a ERC20 Token?
Yes, Velas EVM is an ERC20 token that can be used with Ethereum dApps and other DeFi platforms on the Ethereum platform.
Add More Chains to Metamask
- How to add Rinkeby Testnet to Metamask [Updated 2023]
- How to Add Oasis to Metamask [In 5 DETAILED Steps 2023]
- How to add Palm to Metamask [ In 5 Crazy Easy Steps]
- Add Fuse Network to Metamask [Unlock DeFi Black Magic]
- How to Add Kava to Metamask in 2023 [ Unlock your DeFi Wallet]
- How to Add Boba Network to Metamask in 2023 [Power Up your Wallet]
- Add Flare Network to Metamask in 2023 [Ignite your Wallet]
- Add Network to Metamask Automatically [IN ONE CLICK]